Summer internship applications are due February 1.
Communications and Marketing
Marketing and Communications Administrative
Interested in a summer apprenticeship with Wolf Trap Opera? More info
How to apply
Select the position you are interested in applying for and click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the position description to apply online. If applying for more than one internship (up to three allowed), you must submit separate applications for each position.
You must complete the entire online application to be considered for an internship. Below is what is required in the online application:
- Cover letter with brief personal statement and outline of career goals.
- Resume listing relevant courses, previous experience, and special skills. No transcripts please.
- 2 academic and/or professional references. Please include phone number and email.
- 2 writing samples, no more than 3 pages each (not required for Accounting, Graphic Design, Information Technology, Photography, Multimedia/Social Media, and Production & Sound).
- Can be something you’ve written for a class or assignment (excerpts accepted).
- Choose examples that show both your style and capability.
- Examples: articles, research papers, business letters, press releases, etc.
- Creative writing samples are not accepted.
- 3 design samples (required for Graphic Design, Multimedia/Social Media, and Photography applicants only).
- Hiring supervisors will review applications and invite select candidates to interview.
- Interviews may take place in person, or by phone or Skype.
- All applicants should receive information on the status of their application about 1 month after the application deadline.
- Make sure email@example.com is added to your contact or safe email list.
Call 703.937.6304 or 1.800.404.8461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Major support of this program is provided by the Rubenstein Next Generation Initiative.
Additional support is provided by the Anthony and Beatrice Welters Family.