Please note the arbitration provision set forth below, which may require you to arbitrate any claims you may have against the Foundation on an individual basis. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY.
A. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect two kinds of information from you: personal information that you choose to supply us and other non-personal information. The term “personal information” means any information that can identify an individual. “Non-personal information” includes technical information that cannot be used to identify an individual personally. Please note that over time, non-personal information may become personal information due to regulatory developments, technological advancements, or the co-mingling of personal and non-personal information. Specifically, we collect the following information in the following ways:
- Mailing Lists. You may subscribe to our email mailing list, blog, or postal mailing list. To do so, we require that you provide your email address or your email address and a password (in the case of the blog or the email mailing list), or your name and mailing address (in the case of the postal mailing list). You may request to be removed from our email, blog, or postal mail mailing lists.
- Email. If you submit feedback, questions or requests for information about our products and services, we may request your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address in order to respond to your inquiries.
- Surveys. We may request information from you via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary; you have a choice whether or not to disclose any information to us. Information requested may include personal contact information such as your name, shipping address, phone number or email address.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may request information from you when you choose to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other promotions. Participation in these sweepstakes or contests is completely voluntary; you have a choice whether or not to disclose any information. Information requested may include personal contact information such as your name, shipping address and email address.
- My Wolf Trap. In order to register for a My Wolf Trap account, we require that you provide your name, email address, mailing address, a user ID, and a password.
- Ticket Purchases, Gift Certificate Purchases, and Registration for Classes and Events Through the Foundation. You may purchase tickets and gift certificates from the Wolf Trap Box Office. You may also register for and pay for classes and special events (such as dinners or member trips) through My Wolf Trap. We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, credit card or debit card number, and other information (e.g., emergency contact information for children who are registered for classes, or dietary restrictions for special event dinners). We retain credit card and debit card numbers only as long as is necessary to process payment. If you make a pledge to the Foundation on a payment plan or sign up for a reoccurring donation, we will retain your credit card or debit card information as needed to process these payments. We are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, an industry standard for the protection of payment cardholder data.
- Ticket, Gift Certificate, and CD Purchases Through Third-Party Vendors. The Foundation offers services for purchasing tickets, gift certificates, and CDs online from third party vendors. The Foundation also offers ticket sales by phone through a third party vendor. The Foundation does not process these orders or ship tickets, gift certificates, or CDs. When a visitor to our Sites purchases tickets, gift certificates, or CDs online, the visitor is taken to a website operated by the third party vendor. The Foundation does not dictate or supervise the information collection and use policies of any third party vendors. Review these third party vendors' privacy policies for more information on how your information may be collected and used. The Foundation may, however, access the data collected by third party vendors in order to contact you regarding our products or services.
- Online Reservations for Ovations. You may make reservations for Ovations, Wolf Trap’s onsite restaurant, online through a third party vendor. The Foundation may receive information that the third party vendor collects in connection with your use of its services. Again, the Foundation does not supervise the information collection and use policies of any third party vendor; review these vendors’ privacy policies for more information on how your information may be collected and used.
- Applications for the Wolf Trap Opera and for Other Programs, Events, Internships and Volunteers. If you apply to a program, event, internship, or to be a volunteer at the Foundation (e.g., the Filene Young Artist, Studio Artist, or Fellowship programs) – either online, by email, or through a PDF application – we may require that you provide information including, but not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, birth date, resume, and eligibility for employment.
- Disability Information. The Foundation is committed to making its Sites accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. If you have a disability and visit our Sites, we may collect information about your disability in order to ensure the Sites are accessible to you. We also process disability accommodation requests for events.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data—such as the web pages you view.
A cookie is a small amount of data which is sent to your browser from a web site's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive. Most browsers automatically accept cookies as the default setting. You can modify your browser setting to reject our cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie by editing your browser options. However, if a browser is set not to accept cookies or if a user rejects a cookie, some portions of our Sites may not function properly. For example, you may not be able to sign in and access certain web page features. Some of the cookies that we use may be flash cookies/Adobe cookies; these cookies may not be deleted when your cookies are deleted. If you are interested in altering your cookie settings, you should check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.
A web beacon is an electronic image, also called a "gif," that may be in the form of a "png" image, as well as iframe, script, input link, embed, object, and other tags that are used to track usage. We may use these web beacons on our web pages to deliver cookies, attribute sales to our affiliate partners and advertisers, count visits, and compile statistics on usage and campaign effectiveness or in our emails to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Geolocation Data. We may also collect your location if you choose to allow us to track your location through the Sites, or if your personal or non-personal information indicates a certain geographic location. This information may help us provide recommendations to you based on your location, serve you with advertisements, or direct you to event that we believe may be of interest to you and that is marketed to people near your location.
B. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To send you information about the Foundation;
- To send you information about our services;
- To contact users with further information about products and services;
- To monitor or improve use of and satisfaction with the Sites;
- To notify winners and to award prizes and in accordance with the rules for the promotion;
- To provide you with breaking news, exclusive features, access to online ticket pre-sales, and other products and services;
- To tailor My Wolf Trap to you based on your use of the Sites, your status as a member of the Foundation, and your activities as a patron of the Foundation;
- To process ticket sales, gift certificate sales, class registrations, and special event registrations;
- To facilitate your reservation at Ovations;
- To evaluate your qualifications for a program, event, or internship and to contact you regarding the application process, auditions, callbacks and casting consideration, details and logistics for the program, event, or internship, and decisions as to acceptance;
- To ensure the Sites are accessible to those with disabilities;
- To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, and regulatory or investigative purposes; and
- For other legitimate business purposes.
C. SHARING OF INFORMATION
1. Personal Information
- Our Sites may include collaboration features that by their nature support sharing with users you choose. Those users can see your name, email address, information you add to your profile, and any files you choose to share, and they can post comments and email you.
- We may also share your personal information (either alone or in combination with non-personal information and/or demographic information) with affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party publishers, retailers, and marketers, or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personal information for research, administrative, and/or internal business purposes, in accordance with our internal policies and procedures. These parties may use this information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration, or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal information in this manner, do not provide us with this information.
- We may be required to share your personal information in order to fulfill a service to you. For example, if you register on the Sites, we may need to share your personal and/or non-personal information with third parties in order to provide content to you that we believe may be of interest to you. Also, if you make a purchase through the Foundation or use the Sites to facilitate or consummate a purchase transaction, we may need to share your billing information with third party credit processing companies in order to fulfill such services for you. We also may need to share your personal information if you choose to enter a sweepstakes or contest in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or with mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of any such promotion. We may need to share your information with unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain the Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to providing customer service, maintaining, and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because these unaffiliated third-party service providers will have access to users' personal information, if you do not wish for these unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, do not register or submit any personal information to us.
- We may share personal information and/or non-personal information in order to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and to provide such information to third parties.
2. Non-Personal Information, Aggregate Data, and Demographic Information
The Foundation provides you with the following choices regarding the use of your information:
- You may choose to not provide us with any personal information. However, if you do so, we will be unable to sign you up for our email, blog, or postal mail mailing lists; register you for a My Wolf Trap account; register you for classes; process your application for the Filene Young Artist, Studio Artist, or Fellowship programs; register you as a member of the Foundation; or enter you into any sweepstakes or contests. Additionally, your ability to navigate the Sites may be impaired.
- To opt-out of receiving further information from us and be removed from our online mailing list, visit http://www.magnetmail.net/actions/subscription_manage_wolftrap.cfmand follow the 'Unsubscribe' procedure, or email us at email@example.com .
- To change or modify information you have previously provided us for the postal mailing list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To opt-out of receiving further blog posts from the Foundation, follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions in the emails notifying you of blog posts, or email us at email@example.com.
E. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
F. SPECIAL POLICY WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
The Sites are not targeted to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about any child under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive such information, we delete it as soon as we discover it and we do not use it or share it with third parties.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
We take reasonable steps to protect information that we collect from you in order to try to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Sites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Sites. You understand and agree that we may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing via ordinary mail.
If you have any questions about the security of our Sites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
H. THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
I. FORUMS, CHAT ROOMS, AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Any information you include in a message that you post to any chat room, forum, or other public posting area on the Sites is available to anyone with Internet access able to access those portions of the Sites. If you don't want people to know your email address, for example, don't include it in any message you post. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS ON THE SITES. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
Your account information and access to our Sites are sometimes accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Advise us immediately if you believe that the confidentiality of your password has been compromised or that your password has been misused. In addition, always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. We will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal and non-personal information collected via the Sites and via your patronage of or visits to the Foundation.
L. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
M. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE
- Us, at The Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, 1645 Trap Road, Vienna, VA 22182, or
- You, at the address we have on file for you.
Both you and the Foundation agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied before initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party. IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY THE ABOVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE, YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR SUCH DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you and we would otherwise have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. All such disputes shall be exclusively submitted to JAMS (www.jamsadr.com) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
N. CHOICE OF LAW
O. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND HOW WE RESPOND TO DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to the Sites who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com
At this time our Sites do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
P. CONTACT US
1645 Trap Road
Vienna, VA 22182
Effective Date: January 10, 2020