Who Are We?
The Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts (“the Foundation,” “we,” or “our”) social media community is a community of people who love the Performing Arts and its power to change lives.
The Foundation’s Facebook page, Twitter account, Instagram account, LinkedIn account, Pinterest account, and YouTube channel (or any Wolf Trap social media account – collectively, “social media channels”) provide platforms for this community to connect to and learn about the Foundation’s performances, initiatives and programs that shape us.
What’s the Goal?
To provide useful and interesting content for our users; to foster an open and respectful dialogue relating to the topics covered in our posts, tweets and other multimedia sharing; and to promote the Foundation’s events and activities.
Interacting with Us
Standards of Communication
To help maintain the standards of our social media community, the Foundation reserves all rights relating to our social media channels, including but not limited to: (i) adding, removing, or modifying any content posted by the Foundation or social media users, (ii) blocking disruptive users; and (iii) discontinuing any of our social media channels at any time.
By engaging with the Foundation on social media, whether through a comment, post, or other mode of communication, you agree not to transmit any content that:
- Promotes or opposes any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition;
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortuous, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts, or amounts to a personal attack of any kind;
- Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Reports criminal or suspicious activity (NOTE: If you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local law enforcement agency);
- Violates or infringes the rights of others including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights;
- Impersonates any person, business or entity, including the Foundation and its employees and agents, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person, business or entity, including the Foundation;
- Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or that gives rise to civil liability or that otherwise encourages others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any other person;
- Contains any claims, demands, informal or formal complaints, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notices or processes;
- Constitutes spam or comments that are clearly “off topic”;
- Contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Offers, advertisements, solicitations, or proposals for goods, services, or other commercial activities; or
- Solicits or encourages others to make a donation.
Content You Share Through Social Media
By sharing posts, comments, or other content with the Foundation through its social media channels, you grant to the Foundation and its affiliates and subsidiaries a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use that content in any way we see fit, including through “re-posts” on social media channels, without the need to attribute authorship. At the same time, you grant the Foundation the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or similar content, as we deem appropriate.
The views expressed by members of the public on social media channels maintained by the Foundation do not necessarily reflect the official views of the Foundation, nor do we guarantee the accuracy of such information. Further, posts by the Foundation or other social media users may contain links to third-party websites or services. These third party sites and services are not under the control of the Foundation and we are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials available from such third-party sites or services.
Have more questions? Please feel free to contact us at (703) 255-1900 or send us an email at email@example.com