Additional shows announced for summer season at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts
- Steven Tyler and The Loving Mary Band; Alanis Morissette; Trombone Shorty, Galactic, Preservation Hall Band, and More; and Disney Beauty & The Beast in Concert – Film with Live Orchestra & Singers take the stage this summer along with dozens of previously announced chart-topping artists – including Queen Latifah + Common and John Fogerty + ZZ Top
- Additions to Summer 2018 lineup also include Harry Connick Jr., Dawes, Indigo Girls, Boy George & Culture Club + The B-52s, Gladys Knight and The O’Jays, Michael McDonald and Peter Cetera, and Classic Albums Live presents: The White Album
- International artist highlights include a fusion of live music, dance and film from India with Bollywood Boulevard: A Journey Through Hindi Cinema, Ziggy Marley + Steel Pulse, and Italian pianist Ludovico Einaudi
- Several artists make their Wolf Trap debuts - Nile Rodgers & CHIC with returning artist Chaka Khan, two National Symphony Orchestra performances – Casino Royale in Concert and Hanson, and For U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince
- Wolf Trap’s Young at Arts initiative invites families to introduce their children to the performing arts by offering one free youth ticket for each adult ticket purchased to select performances – including The Washington Ballet Giselle, opening night of Motown the Musical, and several shows with the National Symphony Orchestra: Beethoven’s Ninth, Bernstein at 100: A Celebration, The Best of Wagner’s Ring, Verdi’s Rigoletto with Wolf Trap Opera, and more
- Dozens of previously announced shows are on sale now: Alison Krauss, Fitz and the Tantrums + X Ambassadors, two nights with Barry Manilow, Dr. Dog + Manchester Orchestra, Charlie Wilson, Juanes, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Charlie Puth, Yanni, and more
- Look for Wolf Trap in your community at events across the region, such as Easter-Eggstravaganza at Roer’s Zoofari in Vienna, business improvement district events in Rosslyn and Downtown DC, and Capital Pride Alliance’s 2018 Festival along Pennsylvania Avenue, and at others.
Newly announced shows on sale to the public Saturday, April 7; Wolf Trap members buying now
Vienna, Virginia (March 22, 2018) – Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts announces new Summer 2018 performances at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, including additional acts on the Filene Center stage and a promotional events schedule. A complete press kit, print-ready photography, and a chronological calendar are online in the press room, with newly announced shows notated. Ticketing information is below.
New acts added to the Filene Center season include the debut of the legendary Steven Tyler and The Loving Mary Band, Alanis Morissette, Disney Beauty & The Beast in Concert – Film with Live Orchestra & Singers, Bollywood Boulevard: A Journey Through Hindi Cinema, Dawes with Shovels & Rope, and more.
Other favorites returning to the Filene Center stage are Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue + Galactic + Preservation Hall Jazz Band + New Breed Brass Band, Harry Connick Jr., Indigo Girls, Slightly Stoopid on the School’s Out for Summer 2018 tour, Boy George & Culture Club + The B-52s, Gladys Knight and The O’Jays, Jeff Beck + Ann Wilson of Heart, Michael McDonald and debut artist Peter Cetera, Kenny G and The Tenors, and Ziggy Marley + Steel Pulse. Additional debut acts include Nile Rodgers & CHIC with returning artist Chaka Khan, Ludovico Einaudi, two National Symphony Orchestra performances – Casino Royale in Concert and Hanson, and For U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince with Wolf Trap Orchestra. View the full calendar here.
Wolf Trap’s Summer 2018 season kicks off on May 25, with opening weekend performances by The Washington Ballet Giselle, Live From Here with Chris Thile, and the annual free 2018 Summer Blast Off! with the United States Marine Band and a fireworks show. Tickets for these and other previously announced performances are on sale now. Tickets for all newly announced performances are available to the general public beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 7.
Throughout this spring and summer, Wolf Trap will participate in community events across the region, including business improvement district events with DowntownDC, SWBID, and Golden Triangle in the District, and with Rosslyn in Arlington; Easter-Eggstravaganza at Roer’s Zoofari in Vienna; the Girl Scouts Nation's Capital Annual Meeting in Leesburg; and the Capital Pride Alliance’s 2018 Festival in the District. Some of these events feature music, food trucks or concession options, lawn games, giveaways, photo opportunities with Wolfie, and chances to win tickets to performances at the Filene Center.
All performances at Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods will be announced Tuesday, April 10 and go on sale to the public on Friday, April 13.
Ticketing and On-Sale Information
- Tickets for newly announced shows go on sale to the public on Saturday, April 7 at 10:00 a.m.
- Tickets for previously announced shows are on sale now. Pricing varies by performance and seat location. See full listings at wolftrap.org or the calendar for individual show prices.
- Wolf Trap members have access to exclusive presales and may purchase tickets in advance of the general public. Memberships, which are tax deductible, start at $75. For more information, visit wolftrap.org/membership.
Tickets may be purchased:
- Online at wolftrap.org
- By phone at 877.WOLFTRAP
- In-person at the Filene Center Box Office, 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, VA
Wolf Trap’s 2018 season is made possible by generous support from the following
Wolf Trap Foundation Official Sponsors and Partners:
Dan and Gayle D’Aniello, Wolf Trap 2018 Season Underwriters
The PNC Foundation, Premier Sponsor, 2018 Summer Season
The Boeing Company, Major Sponsor, Boeing Salutes Nights
American Airlines, Official Airline
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, Official Hotel
Steinway, Official Pianos
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, produces and presents a full range of performance and education programs in the Greater Washington area, as well as nationally. Wolf Trap features three performance venues: the outdoor Filene Center and Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, both located at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and The Barns at Wolf Trap, located down the road from the national park and adjacent to the Center for Education at Wolf Trap. The 7,028-seat Filene Center is operated in partnership with the National Park Service and annually showcases an extensive array of diverse artists, ranging from pop, country, folk, and blues to classical music, dance, and theatre, as well as multimedia presentations, from May through September. The Barns at Wolf Trap is operated by the Wolf Trap Foundation year round, and during the summer months is home to the Grammy-nominated Wolf Trap Opera, one of America’s outstanding resident ensemble programs for young opera singers. Wolf Trap’s education programs include the nationally acclaimed Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, a diverse array of arts education classes, grants, and a nationally recognized internship program.
(Please do not publish contact information)